10.04.2008

I'm just going to put it out there...

It's no secret that Rick is not sold on the name "Jayson". I love it. But it's important to me that Rick loves the name of our last born.
I've been begging him to come up with something and he hasn't been able to. He said to me, "Let's just go with Jayson." I said to him, "But do you like it?" And he said, "That's the wrong question." In other words, no, he doesn't like it but he's willing to make me happy. Which is not good enough. I'm open to a new name. And this is what has happened...
Rick and Bryton were watching *Dodgeball* (edited on tv) last night. Rick says to Bryton, "Ok, the next word on the screen will be his name." The next word was "Dodge". It became a joke. Ha Ha. Very funny. I'm not naming my baby boy after the name of a very stupid movie. But then today, we were watching *Leatherheads* in between conference session. George Clooney's characters name is "Dodge". Rick and Bryton both quickly agreed that it was a SIGN.
So what do you think... Richard Dodge Rigby and call him Dodge ????
The other word that came on the screen was "Dunn". Say it outloud...
Bryton, Mykee, Rylee, Dylin, Lyndee and Dunn. Kind of funny... but kind of cool??

*EDIT* Rick just made me very happy - how about Jayson Dodge Rigby ... call him Dodge, but I still get my Y and my other initial... and if he hates Dodge later, he can be called Jayson.....????????????

8 comments:

I was raised in a barn said...

I love both of the new names. I might like Dodge a tad better??? Good luck!

sherry said...

So, it would be "Dunn" as in "now we are Dunn having kids"?;) Kind if cute. Are you a country music fan? Because it reminds me of Brooks and Dunn. I like Dodge. It is cute and unique like the rest of your kids. Now when it comes to the first name: Is it more important to you to keep the "Y" tradition, or to pay tribute to your husband with his only male child? What is Rick's middle name? We(I) decided this baby didn't have to have an "L" like the rest of the kids. I didn't want to limit myself. I know you will come up with something you both like. If not, you will like it when he comes, because you will like HIM.

Lauren said...

I really do like it. I like unique names, though. I think it would be a great way to end your babies! :)

Sandra said...

Robin has a nephew named Dodge that is Alex's age and he is a cutie! I haven't heard of Dunn before..very cool, I like it!

What's for dinner? said...

Both names are very cute. I really like the name Dodge. Burt likes more traditional names so I'm excited for other people when they name their kids something out of the ordinary.

Rachel said...

Last night, I really did like the name Dodge when you guys were talking about it! I think that Jayson Dodge is so adorable! We always have a hard time when thinking about what to name our kids! So good luck! Just a couple more weeks to decide!

Sarah Scott said...

Love it, love it, love it. It would work out for the both of you. Jayson Dodge is a great name for a boy. Either name you call him is very boyish. Great Work! To all of you!

Kevin and Missa said...

Just flipping through and saw your last name. My maiden name is Rigby!:) Maybe we are related??!