This has been a hard weekend. Breaking Dawn came out and I've been counting the days until I could get my hands on it! And I didn't do it!!! I've had ALL summer to read The Count of Monte Cristo (abridged - 1462 pages - old world style writing). I picked it up several times attempting to start it, but I couldn't get into it. I had too hard of a time separating the movie from the book. But everyone that has seen me carrying it around, or it sitting on my kitchen counter has told me they've read it and how great it is. Fine. I finally opened it up and got past the third page and now I can't put it down. My goal is to have it finished before Book Club (I have no idea when it is this month). I didn't go out at midnight Friday night to get Breaking Dawn. I know myself better and I didn't need the temptation.

2 comments:
How funny! I am still in the 1st 3rd of the book and LOVE it but haven't had the time to read it. I've had a number of people tell me how good it is- It's just finding the time to get through it- The book is a BEAST- There's no way to stick that on the treadmill! haha
Good job, Michelle! I'm really loving the Count...although I'm only on page 39...
Post a Comment