There are a few blogs I visit regularly. One of them, I find very inspiring. I won't name names...I'm not sure this person wants her blog known to lots of strangers?? I could be wrong.
She wrote about something today that really hit me. Motherhood can be extremely frustrating sometimes...and sometimes, a lot of times. I get frustrated when the kids won't do what I ask them to do. And I don't even ask them to do things for me that often! I get frustrated when they don't listen to me...when they don't understand that "mom knows best". I am so frustrated with Bryton not wanting to cut his hair. And it frustrates me that Rick and I aren't on the same page about it. I can see Rick's point of view...but I still see mine so much clearer. It's frustrating when Mykee takes an hour to get ready for bed (every night). I get frustrated when Rylee won't ride her bike to school because she doesn't like her helmet! I get frustated with Dylin when she won't go to bed unless I'm in bed... and her very loud scream. And it's really frustrating when Lyndee poops in the bathtub EVERY time I put her in!! I'm very frustrated with Bryton and Mykee's school teachers and the lack of homework they give. I'm very concerned that Bryton isn't ready to start high school next year because the school hasn't prepared him nearly enough. I'm frustrated with a K-8 school district. I'm frustrated that I can't get more parents to help me out on the PTO. I'm frustrated that I don't have good grass in my backyard for Lyndee to play on. (Oh boy...I'm totally on a roll!)
I guess all posts don't have to be about things that are great in life. And that's what I got from this other blog. It was just nice to read about another mom of 5 that struggles with the same things I struggle with. I find comfort in the fact that I'm not alone in my struggles and frustrations. And that it's ok to have "one of those" days...or even lots of them.
I love love love being a mother. I love being a wife. I love having children who I can call my friends. I love the snuggles they each give me...well, not so much Bryton anymore...from him, I love the high fives and "i love you"'s I get every day. I wouldn't trade these moments for anything.
Wow. I feel blessed. Thank you, my anonymous friend.
On a side note... I've read a lot of "words" for the year from people. I need to come up with my own. And I haven't been able to. I'm not very creative. SO...I'm soliciting help from people who know me. What is my "word" for the year?
7 comments:
Ha- I finally found your blog! I've heard about it from a few non-bloggers, I'm sure you can guess who, but keep forgetting to ask what the address is.
Great post. Sometimes it is just great to read about other people's challenges and realize I am not the only crazy one!
On an unrelated note-no more format concerts! I just found out! I'm ticked!
I might have to do this kind of a post. Seems like it helps get some things of your chest-I so need that right now. I am glad Bryton was a good boy and cut his hair for you.
Thanks for the post. I'm a mom of two little ones and I feel the way you you just wrote about many times! Thank you thank you!!
Can I just echo all of that..so frustrating but so rewarding all at once....Thanks...your great!!
Fabulous post. And that's why I love blogging. While I tend to post only the positive stuff, too, it's inspiring to read the things other people go through, and the feelings they have too. Just to see that we're normal, and we all deal with the same stuff. And we all get through it. Thanks for posting this.
You know Michelle, if everyone was meant to be a mom, everyone would do it. We all have those days that frustrate us, especially when in involves our children, or our spouses. I don't have high school age kids yet, but I remember being in high school. I think with teenagers, you really have to pick your battles!!! If you don't, they will drive you up the river without a paddle so quick it will make your head spin. I think it's that way with kids no matter what age they are. Well anyway, it's ok to be frustrated because darn it, your a mom!!!!! Thank for your comment on my garden, it's the first year it's actually turned out. I never thought I could have such beauty in Arizona.
Katy Sanders
Hi Michelle! It's Alisha from Gateway!
Thanks for inviting me to your blog--I totally feel your frustration with K-8 School District thing--it doesn't make any sense to me! And PTO..well I just don't get why people don't help out! Anyways...you're a great mom even if it is frustrating sometimes! :)
Post a Comment