Goal setting has always been a strange thing to me. If you want to get something done, you do it. You put it on your list and you just do it. I like to make lists of things I need/want to get done for the day. When I don’t make a list, nothing gets done. This week, I have totally let the laundry get out of control. In a family of *7*, this can easily happen. All you have to do is miss a couple of days…or better yet, just not fold anything that comes out clean. Just let everything sit in the basket….for days. For five days, to be exact. So last night as I was walking around the house, collecting dirty clothes left in the kitchen, the TV room, on the stairs and in the bathrooms, I looked for a basket to put them in. There were no baskets. All the baskets in the house were full of CLEAN laundry… and what really gets me is that there was still so many DIRTY clothes left!!! We have too much clothing in our home… is my realization. So - on my list - starting Monday (because Monday is always better for me to start things) I will be sorting through clothes and hopefully will be able to create some nice “give away” piles!!
Other things on my List for Monday:
Sort through ALL clothing
Go to the gym - run 3 miles (Turkey Trot!!)
Start planning the Spring Fling (put my thoughts on paper)
Find someone in our ward to “serve” at least 1x this week
Start my “Christmas List”
GO BACK ON WEIGHT WATCHERS!!!!
2 comments:
Pick me! Pick me! I want to be on your hand me down list. Now, you may wonder why I'm up at midnight... well, it's because my ANNOYING brother called at 11:15 to find out what time football starts in the morning... yes, the same football that he has been attending for AT LEAST a year and a half!!!!!!!! (I'll let you guess which brother.)
Let me know if you need motivation for WW. It's going great over here. 6.6 pounds and counting, baby!
wow! great list making. i feel you on the too much laundry/clothes! AND GOOD FOR YOU RECOGNIZING IT. i can't let go. i am too attached to clothes. i should be strong, and learn to simplify! report back on this i think i would totally be inspired to follow your foot steps on the purging clothes if you tell us about it. already i am feeling compelled to get on it. see what this is doing to me?!
thanks for the inspiration!
Post a Comment