Last night was Mykee's 3rd "Mykee's Group" performace. She had 13 kids here dancing and singing to HSM2 songs. She has been working with these kids since September. They come once a week and pay her $2 each time. She buys the "costumes" and helps pay for the food for the performance with the money she collects. She is grateful to the parents for bringing their kids to her group. It's a learning process for both her and myself. I think the more she does this, the better she will become. I know the kids look up to her and enjoy coming...and I hope that she didn't hurt too many feelings in the process. She claims she wants to be a famous singer some day ---I hope that whatever she does, she will include "students". She loves to teach and "show". (if that makes sense)
We were talking about trying to do a Christmas Show - but I think that it's getting too late. It will hopefully be too cold to do a performance outside in December. I know Mykee is anxious to start the next session...so watch for notices. It will most likely start in January. She will do the pre-school age group on Tuesdays and the Kindergarten and Up group on Thursdays. I will encourage her to have the younger group do some songs/dances seperate from the older group.
Thanks again to everyone who came out on a family night! I always think block parties are fabulous!!! This is just my GREAT excuse to have them!!!!!
3 comments:
I was just telling my Mom about Mykee today, and the show i had to miss. We both were just dying over how cute and brave she is. I wish i would have been like that at her age-i just think its so cool! I bet all those girls love her and her class- sorry I had to miss it. Chris had nothing but good things to say about it. You go girl!
michelle, long time no see. i forgot you had a family blog. your baby is getting so big! we need to do lunch again soon. hope all is well.
Michelle, what's your address? We want to send you a christmas card. Love the blog, btw!
email me at
cmproffitt at gmail dot com
Post a Comment