This past week has been a bit tough on our family. Rylee, Lyndee, Bryton and Rick have all had to go through feeling like they are going to throw up...something that I have been living with EVERY DAY for the past 5 weeks!! The only difference is that they have actually thrown up... I don't. They have the flu, I have something else. Rylee started being sick on Wednesday night. Rick was so great and let me sleep through it and he cleaned her up, all three times. Lyndee was next. She started on Thursday night. Rick was just as sweet. Lyndee was sick through Saturday morning and is doing much better now. Rick took Bryton and some friends (Brenden and Cody...and Uncle Brad, Cash and Brogan) to the lake on Saturday morning. Bryton came home not feeling great, I though he was just exhausted. He got "sick" last night while Rick and I were at Stake Conference. Just as we were leaving SC, Rick said to get him home FAST. We almost didn't make it. He was sick all night. And we all know that men are VERY loud when they are sick! Mykee is in bed, I think she's starting to feel it. SO.. Dylin and I are next...it's inevitable. This is a very yucky flu.
And to top it off. At 5am this morning, our smoke detectors go off! Boy are those loud! Rick and I jumped as fast as we could and started to collect kids. Mykee and Bryton heard it and ran downstairs...next time they will check for Rylee first. Rylee was actually asleep on the couch downstairs. The girls and I sat rolled up in blankets on the front lawn for a half hour while the boys checked all the smoke dectectors and changed all the batteries. No one had trouble going back to sleep. Not even Lyndee.
Ah... this week is bound to be better, right? Oh. And I turned *older* last week. Maybe it's a sign of how this year is going to be :)
6 comments:
NOT FUN!! I am so sorry!! I hate the flu! London had it a couple weeks ago-gross! Hope it just passes you by,you don't deserve the flu, too! Happy b-day! I think you'll like my gift :)
Sorry about the flu. Not fun to deal with especially when you are feeling sick. SO, Congratulations. Ryan told me the happy news. He said Rick was really excited. Wow, 6 kids. That will be so much fun.
super lame your family has been sick and you are living in fear of that! hope it passes you by. and a birthday! WHOOHOO . hope this year is the absolute best.
So sorry, our family had that nasty flu earlier this month, even worse when your pregnant!!! I hope you have a better week!
So sad that everyone has been sick, especially during your birthday week. Hopefully you still managed to celebrate. :)
Oh what an awful week. I hate to throw up. I hope it passes you by!
Post a Comment