1.27.2008

No More Sad Songs

My favorite movie is on TV today...well.. it was my favorite movie in my single mom days. "Hope Floats". I was watching it and listening to some of the great music and thought to myself "I should make myself a CD of my favorite sad/slow/love songs". (I had the soundtrack to the movie but it was stolen.) Why would I make a CD full of sad/slow/love songs? Well, to have something to cry to, of course. And then it hit me so hard. I don't need stuff like that any more!!! I am SO happy!! I am SO blessed that Rick is in my life. He's such a great husband, friend, dad...ect. Yea for me!!! I don't need/want to make or have sad/slow/love songs anymore!!!
(you can laugh now)

5 comments:

I was raised in a barn said...

I love Chris and I still love sad/slow songs(not when I am running though) cute post!

Crazymamaof6 said...

whoohoo! YAY for you! he sounds fabulous! and just what you need. that is awesome you realized it!
when i hear a sad love song i think yay i found my guy that this would be about, or this song fulfills. so then I'm happy i found mine. pretty great!

Lauren said...

Cute post. Glad that your hubby is so good to you. Mine is good to me, too!

Anonymous said...

Not laughing!!so sweet and cute!!

Katrina said...

I just love Hope Floats! I totally have the soundtrack to it. I love to listen to it in the car all by myself and crank up the volume. For some reason sad songs are therapeutic in a way. I guess I feel better about myself because I know I am not in the same situation than the person in the song. You are great!