11.17.2007

A Day With Dylin


My sweet, loving, crazy, sometimes (ok - more that sometimes) out of control, little Dylin gave me the BIGGEST scare today. It's a mother's WORST nightmare...and I'm sure I will have them for weeks.
I was outside talking with Gayla (next door neighbor) asking her when she wanted to borrow my miter saw (love that thing...and now that I got it out, I am wondering what project I can do with it...). I hear Dylin yelling (she's always yelling, we are working on her "church voice")...she's yelling "HI Katie! Hi Rylee!! Hi Madi!!!" The yelling is coming from the 2nd floor of the house. It's specifically coming from Rylee's bedroom window that has a complete drop to the rocks and curbing below...there isn't any type of roof that is under her window. (I've often wondered what we would do if there was a fire and someone had to actually JUMP out of the window.) Somehow, Dylin crawled through the blinds, opened the window all the way, tugged on the screen enough to bend it, break it and make it fall down... down on the rocks. I look up and she is literally STANDING ON THE EDGE...yelling "HI" to the kids in the back yard!!!! I yell at her (which was stupid, because she could have easily been scared by the yelling and lost her balance) and told her to get in the window RIGHT NOW!!!! ARGH!!!! My heart was pounding, my entire body was shaking...but somehow I managed to RUN as fast as I could into the house and up the stairs to rescue her. That DYLIN met me at the top of the stairs, with her finger in her mouth, looking really sad and said, "Sorry momma."
That Dylin. Heights do not scare her. She has no fear. The only fear she has is going into the bathroom alone.
I love her. But she's still in the "corner".

7 comments:

I was raised in a barn said...

Oh NO! That would make me so nervous, too. I am sure she learned her lesson with the window, and lets just hope she doesn't do it again. Sorry you had to go through that-so super scary!! But, cute she said sorry

Chris and Christy said...

Oh My Goodness!!! I didn't realize lil Dylin was such a tyrant. You still gotta love her though, she's so cute. Oh, and about time for running, I guess it just depends where you want to put it on your priority list. For me, its pretty easy because I don't have any kids....You Have 5! A good starting point would be fitting it in 2-3 times a week. Good luck and love you.

Lauren said...

Yikes. I'm so glad that she's ok and nothing happened. That is so scary. I always yell at Joseph because he's made our kids into monkeys so they climb on everything. You looked pretty today at church. :)

Sandra said...

That is so scary!! Mykee is here reading this w/ me and she said "bad, bad dylin". We are glad she is okay! I would have had a panic attack too. :)

Kathy said...

Oh my gosh. My heart would have stopped. Is she over it?

Kristen said...

Geez! That would have scared me to death! I'm so glad she is ok! Well look at it this way...it's a good story to tell when she's older :)

The Meachams said...

Did you pull any muscles while running up the stairs????

hee hee...