4.08.2009

Jayson's First Haircut

Well. I'm not sure it was the right thing to do.
But when I asked around if I should cut Jayson's hair, the answer was always "yes".
You see, I believe that a mother's love can be blinding. We all believe our babies are the cutest babies in the world. But I vowed that I wouldn't be one of those moms who let their baby boys look like they have mullets or hair pieces. So I asked around. And it was clear to me that my baby's hair looked funny and should be cut off. So I cut it off.
The day before the buzz...He's SO cute! I don't think his hair looked bad...

Man! He's SO handsome!

Sitting in the purple bumbo ready for the action.

Crap. What did I just do.

Ummmm....

Well. It will grow back. Right?

He's still pretty handsome. He just doesn't look like our baby anymore.
I was sitting on the grass in the front yard with a friend when the kids came home from school yesterday. Everyone (including my neighbor) thought that the "baby" was my friends baby. Even Rick was shocked to see how different Jayson looks. Bryton actually flicked me...AFTER the ten minutes he sat talking to Rick...Rick was holding Jayson...Bryton thought Jayson was my nephew, Carson.
It will grow back.
It will grow back.
It will grow back.

7 comments:

Joy said...

Ever hear of the different sizes for the clippers? I probably would've gone a touch longer. Ha ha!

Rebecca said...

Holy Cow! I'm trying to figure out what was wrong with his hair in the first place...no receding hairline...no bald spot...no mullet...If he didn't look enough like Rick before, now you've done it! Especially in that last pic. Of course, if his hair grows as fast as yours, he'll have it back in a couple days.

BTW, I thought I was your friend until I realized I'm not on your list of friends. You're in trouble for that...

Rachel said...

Don't stress! I WAS shocked, but looking at the pictures, I think that you did the right thing! I love his little shaved head! You are NOT blind! He's adorable!!!!

Kathy said...

I think the cut is cute. Of course he looks a bit bald now, but I like it!! I do. And you look hot, girl!!!

Nicole said...

He's bald! But alot of babies are bald.....I think most of Bek's babies were bald. Bald is good. The last thing you need is another head of hair to comb, right? And when it grows back it'll come in nice and even.

Hakuna Matata, man!

Mechams said...

That made me really laugh out loud. He still looks so cute though! I love all the reactions you got.

Karla said...

Bald is in where babies are concerned. They just spend so much of that first year with little to no hair. Plus now you can really see his eyes and he is beautiful!