1.18.2009

Sacrifice

I smell like baby barf, my car is a mess, I don't remember the last time I had time to shave my legs, I consider it a luxury if I had time to blow dry my hair, makeup is rarely an option, I wear sweats daily and sometimes they are actually clean, my "big" t-shirts aren't quite so big anymore, my toe-nails are in need of attention, I'm dressed up if I am wearing earrings with my big t-shirts, shiny silver strands keep popping up on my head, I consider 4 hours of consecutive sleep a good night, my girls don't get their hair combed as much as they should, I have knots in my back and my neck from bouncing and rocking and holding...
BUT...I have a teen-age son who is teaching himself how to play hymns on the piano, a teen-age daughter who is always willing to help me with the younger kids, a six year old who loves to snuggle and is as tender as can be, a five year old daughter who has the sweetest laugh and infectious smile, a two year old daughter who loves to "thank" her mommy and an almost three month old baby boy who looks into my eyes as if to say "thank you for bringing me here". And I have a husband who is constantly doing what he can to support all sides of me.
Yes, being a mom is a huge sacrifice. But the rewards are never-ending.

3 comments:

leschornmom said...

I'm so there!

Kelley M. said...

you're awesome...barf smell & all :)

xoxo

fowkes5 said...

Well said!