9.15.2008

Big Day

So Dylin comes into my bathroom the other day and says, "Mom! I want to get my ears pierced!"
The rule in our home is this: The girls can get their ears pierced when they are old enough to ask for it, otherwise, I'd have them done when they are babies. This is a compromise between Rick and I. He'd rather wait until they are older.
The same day she asked for them, Rick and I took her to get them pierced. She only cried for 30 seconds. And since then, she is SO careful with them. She is very concerned about her hair getting tangled in the earrings - or her shirts ripping them out of her ear when she changes clothes. She is really good about making sure we clean them every day.
She's most excited to be able to change them on her Birthday!! Yea Dylin!!


2 comments:

What's for dinner? said...

Every time I go to the mall I take Kierstie in and beg for someone to pierce her ears..no one will do it. She doesn't have ear lobes and they say I'll have to wait until she's about 8 for them to "drop"..I've been so bummed.

Sandra said...

So cute! We have the rule of being 8 years old to get ears pierced...so Alex got them pierced on her last bday. Today, the holes are non-existent and we will have to do the whole thing over, and she is freaking out! Ugh.