A few hiccups...the first night we were there, I took the kids out to dinner. Dinner was yummy, but when we got back to the car, I went to grab my phone to call Rick. My phone wasn't there. (I had left it charging in the car.) Then we noticed that all my change was gone, Bryton's DVD player was gone, Brenden's DS and ALL his games (including his new Guitar Hero), Brenden's iPod video nano, All my children's DVD's...and then my worst fear... ALL my CD's...which included my entire Jimmy Eat World collection (some of which were signed) were GONE. Ugh. My heart still aches. I feel so violated. And naked without a phone!!!
Also - on the way home (luckily Rick was with us), we blew a tire on the trailor. We didn't have the right tools to get to the spare. We had to wait until Raymond's brother in law caught up to us to help us out. Rick, Bryton and Brenden helped change the tire...with the help from Ken. Thanks Ken!!! It didn't take long, but in the extreme heat an hour outside of Yuma, AZ, the boys came back dizzy, tired and thirsty. We only had 2 water bottles left in the car.
All in all... it was a great vacation! I am so thankful for my family...my mom and dad and my siblings. Thanks to Spencer for selling me his camping spot.
I didn't take very many pictures. Rick brought the camera when he flew over on Thursday morning. I didn't like taking it to the beach. I was worried it would get too sandy. I am bummed that I didn't take any pictures of our camp site!!
1 comment:
very fun trip! huge mega bummer someone stole your phone, and cd's and games, and DVDS! I'd be sick over that! way to go camping with kids! and thank goodness for a little help changing the tire.
Post a Comment