5.04.2008

*THEY*

My mom and my sisters went to Women's Conference this week. I was supposed to get to go but had to cancel due to Rick being out of town. Hindsight? It was a good thing I'm home. My mom said that Sheri Dew spoke about "they"..."they will get it done, they will take care of things...and just who is 'they'???" Well, I started something. Something big. Something that lots of people have thanked me for and have mentioned that it's about time. I'm doing something that will hopefully improve our school district. I have tons of support from people I don't even know. I think people in our area have been waiting around for a long time, that someone would fix things. And I think we are all tired of waiting. All it tooks is for one person to "push the button". The button has been pushed. There is no going back now. Nervous? Yes. Scared? Yes. But I know with all my heart that I am doing the right thing. I have some women that are totally beside me and helping me lead the way. I won't get into detail on this blog. If you want to know...call me. I'm happy to share. If you are reading this post and live in the Higley School District, please go to www.ipetitions.com/petition/ChangeInHUSD and sign the petition (Do not donate $ if it asks you to.) If you need more information before you sign, please let me know. I'd be happy to talk to you.
Wish me luck. Pray for me. Pray for our District. I know we can make it a better place.

5 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

good for you! way to go getting the ball rolling. change is great.

Shawni said...

Wow Michelle...I need to hear more details about this. I'm sure whatever it is it's great. I'll have to give you a call. How are you liking the book?

Anonymous said...

Don't know what the heck you're in to, but YOU GO GIRL!!!

Kathi said...

Congrats on the baby!! How fun for you guys! We just found out we are having a girl :)! Good luck with the school stuff, I am a firm believer in parents being involved in all of that and I hope the district gets better. Take care and hope you are feeling good.

Kathy said...

I have to say, that more parents should get involved in who runs the schools that the PARENT'S children go to. We should have a say on who influences and teaches our children! Good for you.