5.11.2008

Yea for MOM's!!!

I would feel very ungrateful today if I didn't take a moment to express my love and appreciation for my Mom. My Mom has always stood by my side and supported me - throught the thick and the thin. I admire her, respect her, love her and hope that I am as good to my children as she is to hers. My Mom is my friend. My Mom raised me to love and live the Gospel. She made our home feel safe and secure. My Mom is FUN! She loves Girls Camp, softball, camping, my dad's crazy family traditions (that she has made her own), grandkids, reading, shopping, going to the movies, eating out (we both hate doing dishes), talking on the phone...but mostly, She loves me.

I am also grateful for my Mother In Law. I am grateful that she raised her children to love the Gospel. I have a wonderful husband and it's because he was raised in a home where there was love and laughter...and lots of games! I am grateful to Marilyn for many reasons...I love that she will come and help me with new babies.

I also want Sandra to know how thankful I am for her love for Bryton and Mykee. Sandra and I get to share the joy of being the Mom's to these great kids. I wouldn't chose anyone but her in the whole wide world to share this responsibility with. Thank you, Sandra!

.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Michelle,
I wasn't expecting this...you brought me to tears writing such kind words. I am so appreciative of your willingness and understanding to let me be their mom and call them my own too. I love them dearly and can't imagine my life without them. They have and will forever hold a special place in my heart. I consider myself blessed to get to share two wonderful kids with you too. Happy Mothers Day!
Love,
Sandra

Crazymamaof6 said...

wow! great post! and not many mom's have such good relationships with their kids step mom. that is awesome!
great post! hope you had a fabulous day!

Chris and Christy said...

that was soooo sweet! you brought tears to my eyes too, you stinker!! love ya & hope you had a wonderful mothers day!