12.12.2007

Aspen

Rick and I took a very last minute trip to Aspen, CO. We booked flights through US Airways to get directly to Aspen. It cost a little bit more, but we figured the convenience would be worth it. Our flight was delayed an hour and a half. Not a big deal. The pilot tried to land the small plane in Aspen, but there was so much fog we never saw the ground. Before we knew it, we were heading towards the sky again. We ended up getting diverted to Grand Junction, CO. Once we landed there, we went to get off the plane and the airport people didn't even know we were coming. There was some talk about the weather clearing up in Aspen and that we should make another attempt. After a phone call and a few minutes, it was decided that we would have to take a shuttle to Aspen. The ride wasnt' that bad - 2 1/2 hours...BUT we didn't have Rick's bag. Somehow, with the 7 people on the plane with us, his bag didn't make it. Wierd. We were 30 minutes on our way to Aspen when we got the phone call that his bag WAS in Grand Juction, they just didn't take it off the plane. Too bad for them! There was no way we had time to go back. They ended up delivering the bag to our hotel, the St Regis, in Aspen sometime before midnight. Aspen was cold and beautiful. We went to a GREAT concert (post and pictures coming) and stayed in a beautiful hotel. We got to do something I have always wanted to do and go hot tubbing in the snow at midnight! So cold and SO fun! This morning, we woke up and walked around town for a little while until we found a place to have some breakfast. We bought chair tickets to ride to the top of the Aspen Mountain. I have never seen such beauty...until our flight back. We flew over Monument Valley. I am in awe that our Heavenly Father created something so beautiful. Thank you to my Mom, Melissa and Gayla for helping with our kids while we were gone!! We owe you!!!!!



3 comments:

I was raised in a barn said...

I love Aspen. i am glad everything turned out okay and that you had fun. You guys look great!

The Meachams said...

That is such a cute jacket you are wearing!!!! Where did you get that???

I'm so jealous...it looks like you had a great time!

annie said...

Nice! Sound's like the perfect getaway trip!! Cool!