8.14.2009

*16 Candles*


Wow. I can't EVEN believe it. It's wonderful and crazy all at the same time.
My "baby" turned 16 yesterday. It seems like yesterday I was screaming, moaning and groaning to get the kid out of me! (Stupid nurse that wouldn't give me an epidural. Whatever.) It took me 14 1/2 hours to get him out. And even with the massive cone head he had, I was immediately in love. And throughout the years, the love has only gotten stronger. Bryton is an amazing kid. The best son you could wish for. He's a hard worker, dedicated, loving, caring, patient, giving kid. I love that he is entering into this new stage of life. Driving. Dating. Dating. He is making good choices and we are so proud of him. He is someone that the younger boys in our ward can definitely look up to. He is VERY close to getting his Eagle, which means he is close to having enough money to buy his car. (Thank you to the aunts and uncles and Grandma/Granddad Owens who gave him a card and/or $ for his birthday! You ROCK!)

16 Great things about Bryton:
1. He's smart. Bryton is taking some really hard classes this year - I'm proud of him for challenging himself.
2. He's a team player - he's on the JV football team this year.
3. Wonderful big brother. Despite the teasing, he loves his younger sisters and brother.
4. Honors his Priesthood. I love seeing him help on Sundays.
5. He loves to go camping.
6. I love to hear him brag about how good he is at Call of Duty. (Something to be so proud of)
7. I love that my brothers will call him to go paintballing with them.
8. He has so much positive energy. It's contagious.
9. He's not afraid to try new food.
10. He's a great leader...and if he continues to choose the right, he will be an amazing leader in the future.
11. He doesn't complain when he's in pain. He "takes it" and deals with it.
12. He motivates me to accomplish goals that I've set for myself. He's a good example to me in so many ways.
13. He's SO good at math. I have no idea where he got that from!
14. He loves his grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins...
15. He respects his church leaders. He looks up to them.
16. He is such a happy person.

I love you Bryton!
(Thanks *again*, Nicole, for the pictures!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday to Bryton...we miss you guys!!

Susie and Jay Larson said...

Happy birthday Bryton!!!!

Heather said...

Michelle... Can't believe you have a 16 year old... you're too young! ;) Great blog!!

Holloways said...

Happy Birthday Bryton!! You really are a great guy!

AMIT said...

Very late happy birthday.Good picture of urs.

Domain registration india